terms and conditions
By submitting your registration for the 10toGO you agree to accept and abide by the following 10toGO Terms and Conditions.
10toGO Terms and Conditions
- 10toGo is hosted and organised by Volkswagen AG and Microsoft (“the organisers”) from 1 Feb. 2021, 11:00h CET, until 26 Feb. 2021 17:00h CET.
- Participation in 10toGO is for free. A maximum of 100 individuals will be able to participate in teams of 3--5 people.
- The organisers shall reserve the right to change the program of the event with a notice in advance. Attendees shall consent to be bound by the terms & conditions of this program, once participating and registered. Any aspect not covered herein shall be supplemented and publicised by other communication materials.
Registration & Selection of Participants
- All applicants must register individually before the registration deadline of Jan. 15, 2021, 17:00 CET. Registration is only possible through the online registration platform.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time of registration.
- Each applicant must enter the required information on the registration form. No late submissions will be accepted and any incomplete, false, erroneous, fraudulent, forged, tampered forms will not be considered.
- The organisers of 10toGO will select a maximum number of participants from all registered persons, who qualify for the competition, based on the information provided during the registration. Chosen participants will be informed by formal acceptance notice via email. Applicants that were not accepted will receive an email confirming that they are on the waiting list and will be contacted in case a slot becomes available again.
- Data submitted by contestants must be true and correct without any forgery or alterations. Contestants shall not provide personal data to any third party in lieu of their own by means of fraud or theft. Contestants shall have no violations against the law.
- Each team may submit only one entry per participant for competition.
- Individual team members may not compete on more than one team.
- The teams have time to work and finalise their entry for the competition from 1 Feb. 2021, 11:00h CET, until 24 Feb. 2021 17:00h CET. Only the work submitted by 24 Feb. 2021 17:00h CET by accepted teams will be considered for the final prize.
- Selection of the winning team for the 10toGO event shall be carried out by the Judging Panel. The Judging Panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Judging Panel and the relevant selection criteria for the decision will be announced during the designated session on Sunday.
Ideas & Intellectual Property
- All rights concerning the entries shall remain with the participant(s). Participants agree to share their ideas with all other participants as well as the organisers and associates at 10toGO. 10toGO organisers or associates does not accept any responsibility to protect participant’s ideas, works and results disclosed or generated during 10toGO.
- Participant acknowledges and agrees that 10toGO organisers and associates or other participants or third parties may have developed or commissioned ideas, works or results which are similar to the entry of participant’s team, or may develop something similar in the future. Each participant waives any claims that participant may have against 10toGO organisers and associates resulting from any similarities to the entry of participant’s team.
- Hardware and other equipment made available by 10toGO organisers or associates to participants during or in connection with 10toGO shall remain the sole and exclusive property of their original owner and may not leave the event’s or the owner's premises.
Instructions & Behaviour
- Participants will comply with instructions given by Volkswagen, Microsoft, its legal representatives or officials. House rules, safety instructions and information concerning the liability will be made available to participants prior to the event where necessary.
- A participant or team may be disqualified for any committed unlawful act. Reasons for disqualification may include, but are not limited to, fraud, any other form of dishonesty, misappropriation or infringement of the intellectual property of others, misuse of intellectual property, and/or any failure to comply with these 10toGO Terms and Conditions.
- If you attempt or we have strong reason to believe that you have compromised the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Contest by cheating, hacking, creating a bot or other automated program, or by committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may disqualify you, and ban you from participating in any of our future Contests, so please play fairly.
- In case contestants took actions against measures of this event (including notes on the contests), regulations, the event itself or its website, actions aimed at interrupting this event or interfering with other contestants or participating this event in illegal activities or against the public order and good morals and manner including unfair, deceptive and fraudulent practices, subject to the organiser’s judgment, he/she agrees to the organiser’s immediate removal of his/her award winning qualifications (including recovering the award cash, certificate and trophy by the organisers). He/she shall be held liable for any legal responsibility and held liable for compensating the organisers, sponsors, execution agent and their executives, directors, supervisors and employees for any of their loss and expenses due to these damages.
Neither Volkswagen nor Microsoft shall be liable for any damages or claims that might arise or occur during or in connection with 10toGO, except in cases of intent or gross negligence on the part of the organisers. Participants shall indemnify and hold the organisers harmless from and against any claims of third parties arising from any violation of any third-party right or any other unlawful act committed related to the event or from any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- The personal data of the applicants/ participants will be used in accordance with GDPR. By registering, the applicant agrees that his/her personal data may be stored and used by Volkswagen and Microsoft within the course and for the purpose of organisation and carrying out the event. This consent can be revoked at any time whereupon the registration in 10toGO will be automatically cancelled. Stored personal data will be deleted upon revocation or at the latest after the end of the event. No personal data will be given to third parties without the express permission of the applicant.
- The organisers, sponsors and its execution agents have the rights in reproducing, editing, converting, distributing, publicly transmitting, publicly performing, publicly presenting, publicly broadcasting, publicly verbal disclosing, referencing, or excerpting, and any other act required for using contest works by and basic data of contestants, including but not limited to name, portraits and photos, (hereafter referred to as “contest data”) unlimited number of times in their worldwide marketing activities, promotional activities, charity activities, and relevant media including publications, information, proposals, promotional materials, brochures and websites.
Prize: The main prize is a grant for the winning team to work on their idea. The overall grant is a cash prize of maximum €100,000, awarded in three review-based intervals. The reviews will be performed by a team of experts from Volkswagen and Microsoft, possibly accompanied by SDG and incubation experts. The incubation period lasts up to six months and can start at the date convenient to the team but not later than six months after the end of the event. The entire winning team is expected to spend this period of time in Munich, but exceptions can be granted where necessary (e.g., related to Covid). The team will be offered the machine-learning expertise of the Volkswagen Group Machine Learning Research Lab. The team will also be offered computing infrastructure (Azure) from Microsoft. The team will be offered office space in Munich if possible. In case one or more members of the winning team are not able to agree with the conditions of the main prize and sign the corresponding agreement with the organisers within one month of it being announced as winning team, the jury may decide to reassign the winners.
- The winning team will be announced at the event on the afternoon/evening of Friday Feb. 26, 2021.
- Each award winner will be solely responsible for complying with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations relating to the prize. The organisers do not assume and hereby disclaim any liability in this respect.
- The winning team will be required to create a legal entity (corporation or partnership) under German law in order to be eligible for the prize. The team must ensure compliance with German and European law to ensure creation of such this entity, the legal form of which must be previously agreed upon with Volkswagen and Microsoft. Furthermore, a German bank account must be set up for the entity.
- The awardees cq. their legal entity are responsible for any tax subject to the relevant tax laws. The organisers shall be in no case held liable to any tax levied due to the award. The award winners consent that the organisers withhold or pay the relevant taxes (where necessary).
- Award winners have no right to exchange their awards for cash or other forms. The organisers shall not give any extra awards (either goods or cash) in case the previous one is lost, stolen, or damaged.
- The organisers reserve the rights to take care of any awards left un-awarded and replace the said awards with other goods with equivalent values without any notice in advance.